BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
ISLAMABAD/ RAWALPINDI, PAKISTAN
A third of the food produced in the world is wasted, including 36 million tons of food go to waste in Pakistan. And that has a huge impact on food security and our planet's health, 8% of greenhouse gas emissions coming from food waste!
At Sharing Out, we have an ambitious goal: To inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. We are Pakistan's first app fighting food waste. We have planned to work with every household and thousands of restaurants and food retailers
to make their surplus food available to their neighbors and local consumers. We have just started our journey and the magic of Sharing Out is spreading rapidly.
We're a proud pioneer in addressing food waste issues digitally in Pakistan, but did we mention the issue is huge? We are building our team as we move. And that's where you come in:
We're looking for an exceptional Business Development Officer to join the superstar team at Sharing Out in Rawalpindi and Islamabad.
We are looking for a dedicated Business Development Officer, with prior experience in the food industry, especially in hotels and restaurants. The ideal candidate would be the one with a passion for tackling food waste and who is, above all, a hunter.
You will directly report to the department lead, and you will be given a high degree of independence and the possible travel around Rawalpindi and Islamabad. You're hungry to get out there, build connections, and grow our community of food
waste warriors by signing up restaurants, cafés, bakeries, grocery stores, and local food retailers. You will be based in Rawalpindi.
- Research the market in Rawalpindi and Islamabad to find interesting prospects, identify stakeholders/decision-makers, and generate interest about Sharing Out.
- Proactively call potential stores and build relationships. You will need to find, access, and onboard the right store through visits or maybe email and phone. You will spend +70% of your time contacting restaurant owners and discovering new
partners. You will also travel around your area and establish strong relationships.
- You will introduce new partners to the Sharing Out, mobilize them to donate their Surplus/ leftover food, train them on how to use the app, and advise them on finding the best possible food waste solution.
- You will work with weekly and monthly targets and KPIs.
- You will work closely with other departments, like Marketing, to maximize results.
- You have at least 2-3 years of experience in sales/business development, primarily in the food industry.
- You have strong communication skills and feel comfortable when you approach people face-to-face via email and phone.
- You are fluent in Urdu and English.
- You are proficient in using computer and mobile applications
- You have expertise in Microsoft Word and Excel
- You are located in Rawalpindi or Islamabad.
- You have a genuine passion for the mission.
- You are positive, proactive, creative, and resourceful.
- Experience working in an international environment or the sustainability field is a plus.
- Previous experience in the food sector is a valuable plus.
- Willingness to travel is essential.
What we have to offer
- PKR 25,000 salary plus commission.
- Traveling allowances
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company where you get to wake up every day knowing you're achieving positive change.
- Strong personal as well as professional development in an intense and high-growth scale-up environment.
- An open company culture where you have the independence and room to unleash your creativity.
- A strong team culture where successes are celebrated together.
How to apply
Please apply by sending your CV and Cover Letter at email@example.com with the job title in subject line before December 28, 2020. We take recruitment
very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website (www.sharingout.org) in order to get a good overview of Sharing Out.